Douglas Chancellor Meyers and Associates is a collection agency. Our contact with you is an attempt to collect a debt. Any
information we obtain may be used to advance our efforts in that regard.
- Information we collect: We collect, and retain, information regarding your full and proper name, mailing address,
phone number, and place of employment. In the event you make a payment by check, we also collect and retain information regarding
your bank account. If you pay online using a credit card, we do not obtain information on your credit card account.
- Sharing of information: Information we obtain will be used by our employees in our effort to collect your debt.
In order to do so, we may use that information to search for your current address and phone number, using a "skip tracing" service.
We may also seek to obtain additional information by obtaining your credit report. In the event that you make a payment by
check, your account information will be disclosed to our bank in the course of depositing the check. In the event that we send
you a letter, your account information will be disclosed to our mailing service. Certain information is also provided to our
client to whom you have the debt.
- How it can be corrected: In the event we have incorrect information, you may contact us to ask that we change it.
You may contact us by telephone or mail, which information can be found on our contact us page. In the
event that you wish to exercise your specific rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, you may have to communicate
with us in writing.
- How it is secured: Your information is secured using a variety of passwords and other methods of electronic data security.
Access is limited to authorized users of the data, who are physically located in our office.
of these changes at this website.
- How to address concerns over misuse of personal data: Should you feel that your personal data has been used
improperly, please contact us immediately.